We sat down with Team Sam Bat member Josh Naylor on his family, baseball, and what he likes to swing.
You can follow Josh on Instagram @jaynaylor10 and Twitter @JoshNaylor44
Q: Where did you grow up and did you grow up playing baseball? Does anyone else in the family play? Tell us a little bit about your family, brothers or sisters? Were they supportive?
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
- Brother• Noah, 20, Position C/3B -
- Brother •Myles, 14, Position: SS/2B/CF
- Very supportive group, always practicing together and working towards one goal together.
Q: Any other sports?
Q: What made you choose baseball?
- I chose baseball because it was the most natural thing to me. It’s what I wanted to do when I woke up, during the whole day and night. It’s always been a passion of mine to play this game.
Q: When did you hear about Sam Bat and what made you join Team Sam Bat?
I heard about SAM BAT through teammates while I was in travel ball & the beginning of my pro ball career. I think Sam Bat’s have they most balance & pop.
Q: Tell us a bit about the model you designed
Wanted to go with a bat that I felt fully confident in swinging. My go-to handle is a flared handled that has a bigger barrel to compliment it.
Q: What do you look for in bat?
- Weight evenly throughout
- Medium-big barrel
- Slightly flatter handle
- Long Barrel
Q: What cup do you use and why?
- I work with both because I feel like during the season sometimes I feel strong and sometimes I don’t feel as strong so using both helps with those days.
Q: When picking colors, do you like to go flashy, or classic?